To download a printable copy click here (In Adobe PDF format, Acrobat Reader required.)
WARREN I. HAMMER
161 East Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
FAX: (203) 838-9822 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Practicing Doctor of Chiropractic, 1959 to present.
- B.A. Brooklyn College, 1955
- DC, Lincoln Chiropractic College, 1958
- Diplomate, American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists, 1975
- M.S., University of Bridgeport (Human Biology-Nutrition) 1979
- American Chiropractic Association
- Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research
- Society of American Board of Chiropractic Orthopedists
- Society of Orthopedic Medicine
- ACA Council on Sports Injuries and Physical Fitness
- AMF Fascial Manipulation Association (honorary member)
Instructor in Spinal Biomechanics:
New York Chiropractic College, 1982 - 1986
Lecturer, Post-Graduate Education:
- New York Chiropractic College, 1982 -1986
- Cleveland Chiropractic College (Los Angeles/Kansas City), 1991 to 1996: Seven 12 hour seminars per year on Soft Tissue subjects.
- Texas Chiropractic College, 1993
- Northwestern Chiropractic College, 3/25,26 /95, 4/1,2/95, 6/17,18/95.
- National Chiropractic College, 1998 to present.
- TMJ Diagnosis and Treatment” Greater New York Dental Meeting, 1979.
- “Examination of the Upper Extremity and Use of Friction Massage”, New York State Chiropractic Association, Rochester Regional Meeting, 1991.
- “Upper Extremity Syndrome” (Featured speaker, multi-disciplinary conference) Cincinnati Jewish Hospital, sponsored by Ohio State Chiropractic Association: March 6,7,1992.
- “Hyperpronation Syndrome” and Examination of the Upper Extremity”, Illinois Chiropractic Society, Chicago, Illinois, April 4,5, 1992.
- “Upper Extremity Examination”, Indiana Chiropractic Association Indianapolis, Ind., Feb. 28, 29,1992.
- “Soft-Tissue Techniques”, Connecticut Chiropractic Association
- Greenwich, Ct., October 15, 1994.
- “Myofascial Soft Tissue” at Chiropractic Centennial in Washington, D.C., July 7, 1995.
- “Soft Tissue Alternatives for the Spine & Extremities”, Ohio State
- Chiropractic Association Convention, Columbus Ohio, Oct. 14,15, 1995.
- “Soft Tissue Alternatives, Cervical Spine & Upper Extremities” Iowa Society of Chiropractic Orthopedic, Des Moines, Iowa, 8/26, 8/27/95.
Guest Lecturer at the following International Meetings:
- International Chiropractic Congress, 1988, Sidney, Australia
- European Chiropractic Union, 1988, Rapallo, Italy
- British Chiropractic Association, 1990, Torquay, England
- Chiropractic/Osteopathic College: “Integrative Fascial Release”
- Melbourne, Australia, October 9, 10, 1999
- Poster Presentation on Pre-stress Manipulation: WFC 9th Congress, ECU
- 75th Anniversary Convention 5/17-19/2007
Editorial Board of Advisors:
- Institute for Myofascial Therapy 1993 to present.
- Chiropractic Sports Medicine: 1993 to present.
- Topics in Clinical Chiropractic: 1994 to present.
- Journal of Myofascial Therapy: 1994 to present.
- Text book: Functional Examination of the Soft Tissues and Treatment by Manual Methods: The Extremities. Aspen Medical Publishers, Gaithersburg, MD, 1991.
- Textbook: Functional Examination of the Soft Tissues and Treatment by Manual Methods: New Perspectives, Ed. 2. Aspen Medical Publishers, Gaithersburg, MD, 1999. Current publisher: Jones & Bartlett
- Textbook: Functional Soft Tissue Examination and Treatment by Manual Methods 3rd. ed. Jones & Bartlett, Sudbury, MA. 01776; 2007
- “Meniscotibial (Coronary) Ligament Sprain: Diagnosis and Treatment”, Chiropractic Sports Medicine. 2 (2) 1988.
- Causes, Effects and Treatment of Hyperpronation”. Chiropractic Sports Medicine, Aug. 1992.
- “Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Shoulder and Hip Bursitis”.
- Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, Feb., 1993.
- Use of integrative fascial release for genitofemoral nerve entrapment”. Chiropractic Technique, November, 1998.
- Hammer, W. The Benefits of Instrument-assisted Soft-tissue Mobilization Techniques. The American Chiropractor; Volume 27, Issue 9, 2006
- Hammer,W. DC, MS, Pfefer MT. RN, MS, DC. Treatment of a Case of Subacute Lumbar Compartment Syndrome Using the Graston Technique®. JMPT 28(3), 2005.
- Hammer WI. The effect of mechanical load on degenerated soft tissue. J Bodywork & Movement therapies 12; 2008:246-256.
Article Series in MPI’s Dynamic Chiropractic: Monthly from August 1987 to present.
Contribution to Textbooks:
- “Improving Skills” in Walther, DS: Applied Kinesiology Volume 1, Basic Procedures and Muscle Testing, Pueblo Colorado, Systems DC 1981: 108-109.
- “The Use of Transverse Friction Massage in the Management of Chronic Bursitis of the Hip or Shoulder” in Lawrence DJ: Yearbook of Chiropractic 1995, St Louis: Mosby, 1995.
- “Provocative testing of the extremities” in Greenstein GM: Clinical Assessment of Neuromusculoskeletal Disorders, St. Louis: Mosby, 1997.
- “Soft Tissue Therapies” in Redwood D. Contemporary Chiropractic, New York, Churchill Livingstone, 1997.
Publications on Dr. Hammer:
- Baum, AZ: “Who on Earth Goes to a Chiropractor?”, Medical Economics, July 19, 1971.
- “Practice of Chiropractic”, Congressional Record of the US Senate, No 118, No 98: June 16, 1972.
Presentations (not including MPI lectures)
- Iowa Chiropractic Society, April 19, 20 on Soft Tissue Alternatives, Cervical Spine & Upper Extremities.
- Commencement address at Bridgeport Chiropractic College April 28, 1996
- Connecticut Chiropractic Association Spring Meeting: 6 hour presentation on diagnosis and treatment of shoulder problems.
- Danish Chiropractic Society June 15,16, 12 hour presentation on spinal & muscle evaluation. Odense, Denmark
- Iowa Chiropractic Orthopedic Society 12 hour presentation September 11 & 12 on diagnosis and treatment of lower extremity problems.
- 1996 National Chiropractic Convention, Atlanta Georgia, October 11, 1996.
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Shoulder Problems. 1996 Northeast Ohio Academy of Chiropractic Continuing Education Series 12 hour presentation on Soft Tissue Injuries Acute & Chronic, December 7 & 8, Marriott Airport, Cleveland Ohio.
- Rehabilitation Course for Northwestern Chiropractic College Post Graduate, Adjunctive Soft Tissue Techniques, 12 hours, March 1,2, 1997.
- North Dakota Chiropractic Association, Soft Tissue Alternatives for the Cervical Spine & Lower Extremities. July 26, 27, 1997. 12 hours.
- Ohio Applied Kinesiology Association, Toledo, February 7, 8, 12 hours on: “Soft Tissue Alternatives for the Cervical Spine & Upper Extremity”.
- Kentucky Chiropractic Association, Lexington, March 7, 6 hours on: Interactive Fascial Release.
- Bridgeport Chiropractic College: May 9 & 10, 12 hours on: “The Shoulder & Entrapment Syndromes-Upper extremity”.
- Maryland Chiropractic Association: October 17, 18, 12 hours on: Interactive Release for the Upper Extremity.
- Attended: Bridgeport Chiropractic College:” 7 hours: “A Rehabilitation Approach to the Cervical Spine Patient”. 10/24-2 5/98.
- Attended American College of Sports Med & 1998 Annual Meeting: 8 hours.
- Attended Ursa Foundation 18 hours on Scientific Myofascial Release 9/11-13, 1998.
- Attended Tensegrity Therapy workshop, 12 hours 11/28-29/98 Tottenham, ON.
- Commencement Address Bridgeport Chiropractic College, 12/11/99.
- Buffalo Chiropractic Association sponsored by Buffalo MRI: 12 hours on Integrative Fascial Release – Spine & Extremities.
- Idaho Association of Chiropractic Physicians: Soft Tissue Alternatives: Spine & Extremities.
- Attended 4 day (32 hour) seminar on Fascial Anatomy of the Lower Limb. University of Toronto, ON; 4/13-16/2000
- Attended Sebago Lake, Maine 8/10-14/02. Functional, Structural, and Psychophysical foundations of bodywork, therapy and education.
- Attended: 35 hour workshop at Muscular Therapy Institute, Cambridge, MA.
- Lecture at Northwestern College of Chiropractic Homecoming Feb. 1-3 on “Integrative Fascial Release of the Cervical Spine”.
- 12 hour lecture at Solihull Hospital, Solihul, England, Feb. 12-13, on Latest Soft Tissue Methods.
- 12 hour seminar for the Council on Extremities, Boise Idaho, 5/5 to 5/6/01 on Soft Tissue Alternatives for Musculoskeletal Problems.
- 12 hour seminars scheduled in Atlanta 7/21-22, Canada 9/8 to 9/9, Houston, TX.
- Attended Somatotherapy Interactive seminar 5/26-29; Voyer D.O. Articular Pumping methods. Toronto, ON.
- Attended ELDOA Somatotherapy Interactive Seminar, Toronto, ON 9/29-10/2/2000; 30 hours.
- 12 hour lecture Solihull Hospital, Solihu, England February 9-10 for CEA (Council onExtremity Adjusting)
- North Carolina Chiropractic Spring Conference, Omni Hotel, Charlotte, NC, 3/15 to 3/17. 16 hour presentation on Soft Tissue Alternatives for the Spine, Upper & Lower Extremities.
- 4/6-4/7 Cleveland Chiropractic College Kansas City, 12 hours. Chronic Soft Tissue Injuries.
- 12 hour lecture-Soft Tissue Methods: Harrisburg, PA. June 1-2 (Council on Extremity Adjusting)
- 12-Hour lecture-Graston Technique®, 8/14-18 Pennsylvania State Chiropractic Association.
- 12 hour lecture-Soft Tissue Methods: Atlanta, GA Nov. 1-2. (Council on Extremity Adjusting)
- 11/2-3/2002 Soft Tissue, Mod VII, Life University, 12 hours, Marietta, Georgia
- 1/18-19, Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. ORLANDO
- 2/8 Northwestern Homecoming, Soft Tissue, 1 hr. 45 min.
- 2/15-16 Council on Extremity Adjusting, 12 hours, S. Carolina-Rockville
- 2/22-23 Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. LOS ANGELES
- 3/8-9 Lombard, IL., CEA Council on Extremity Adjusting, 12 hours
- 3/15-16 Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. ORLANDO
- 3/22-23 Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. OMBARD
- 4/25-27 Michigan State Chiropractic Association, 12 hrs. Soft Tissue Alternatives
- 5/3 Orlando WFC (World Federation of Chiropractic) 4 hrs. Soft Tissue Shoulder
- 5/31-6/1 Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. LAS VEGAS
- 6/7-8: Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. BOSTON
- 6/21- 22: Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. MINNEAPOLIS
- 9/6-7: Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. NEWARK
- 9/12-14: Colorado State Association 12 hour Soft tissue
- 9/20-21: England, Solihill Council on Extremity Adjusting, 12 hours CEA
- 9/27-28 DENMARK, 12 hour Soft Tissue
- 10/11-12: Graston Technique® Module II, 12 hrs. SAN FRANCISCO
- 10/17-18: Canada, Council on Extremity Adjusting, 12 hours
- 11/1 Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College 8 hours (Soft Tissue & Graston Technique®)
- 11/22-23 Cleveland College Kansas City, 12 hours, Graston Technique® & Soft Tissue
- 12/6-7 Council on Extremity Adjusting, 12 hours, Boston
- Attended 36 contact hours with Guy voyer D.O: Anatomy of the fascia with dissection: abdomen & pelvis and connections. Kingston, Ontario, Canada: Nov 14-17.
- 17 hours of continuing education credit: “Neuromuscular Reeducation” 7/26-27, 2003, Boston, MA.
- 1/10-11 Newark 12 hours Module II Graston Technique®
- 1/17-18 Raleigh, NC, 12 hours soft tissue: Council on Extremity Adjusting
- 2/21 Reno, Graston Technique® LA Chiropractic Association.
- 2/28-29 Madison, WI, Council on Extremity 12 hrs. Soft Tissue
- 3/13-14 Maryland Chiropractic Association:2 hrs. Use of GT in Chiropractic Office
- 4/ 3-4 Minneapolis 12 hours GrastonTechnique®, Mod. II
- 4/16-19 Attended Dissection of Fascia Upper Extremity; Kingston, Ontario.
- 5/1-2 4hrs Graston Technique®, Maine Chiropractic Association
- 5/15-16 Las Vegas, 12 hours, Graston Technique®, Mod. II.
- 5/22-23 European Chiropractic Union, Helsinki, Finland; Spinal Soft Tissue
- 6/ 5-6 Toronto Module II, Graston Technique®
- 6/12-13 CEA Salt Lake City
- 8/1 NYCC Commencement Address; Seneca Falls, N.Y.
- 9/ 11-12 Atlanta, 12 hours, Mod II, Graston Technique®
- 9/ 18-19 Newark, Module II, Graston Technique®
- 10/ 2-3 ICPC Iowa 4hours; Graston Technique®
- 10/22 Wt. Lifting Conference
- 11/6-7 Boston, 12 hours; Graston Technique®, Mod. II
- 11/13-14 Council on Extremity Adjusting; 12 hrs. Soft Tissue: Orange County, CA
- Jan 29-30: Toronto M2 Graston Technique® 12 hours on soft tissue evaluation.
- Feb 26-27 Vegas 12 hour; “Weekend with Warren”
- March12-13: Vancouver M2 Graston Technique® 12 hours on soft tissue evaluation.
- April 16-17: Toronto M2 Graston Technique® 12 hours on soft tissue evaluation.
- April 23-24: Speaker at Ohio State Chiropractic Convention
- May 7-8: European Chiropractic Union (ECU): Lecture on soft tissue mechanical loading.
- May 21-22 Newark, NJ: Soft Tissue advances: “Weekend with Warren”
- July 30-31: Logan Chiropractic College, St. Louis: Soft Tissue
- August 25-27: ACA Sports Council Symposium at the Florida Chiropractic Association: Speaker on: The Effects of Mechanical Load on Soft Tissue: Rotator Cuff, Anterior Knee Pain
- September 9-11: 1st Graston Technique® Seminar in Europe (England) September 24-25: Lombard M2 Graston Technique® 12 hours on soft tissue evaluation.
- October 5: Speaker at Connecticut Chiropractic Association meeting Hartford CT
- Oct 29-30: Minneapolis M2 Graston Technique® 12 hours on soft tissue evaluation.
- November 5-6: Motion Palpation Masters Meeting, “soft tissue alternatives”.
- April 8: 12 hours Soft Tissue: Vermont Chiropractic Association.
- April 29,30 12 hours Soft Tissue: North Dakota Chiropractic Association
- May 20,21 12 hours Soft Tissue LACC
- June 3-4 WWW Boston
- June10-11 Canadian Chiropractic, Soft Tissue, Prince Edward Is
- June 23 National College Homecoming: 2hrs.
- Sept 16-17 Lombard, IL 12 hours, Weekend With Warren
- Sept 23-24 Newark, NJ Weekend With Warren
- Oct 7-8 Orlando Weekend With Warren
- Oct 21-22 Las Vegas, Weekend With Warren
- Attended 11/2-5/06 Active Isolated Stretching; 32 contact hours.
- 4/26-5/2 Speaker 4 hours ACCO convention, Phoenix, AZ
- 5/5,6 Speaker CCSS, Toronto
- 5/17-19 World Federation of Chiropractic, ECU, poster presentation on Pre-stress Test for Spinal Manipulation of the Lumbar and Sacral Segments
- 10/4-5/2007 Poster presentation on Lumbar Compartment Syndrome and The Effect of Mechanical Load on Degeneration Soft Tissue. 1st International Fascia Research Congress – Basic Science and Implications for Conventional and Complementary Health Care . The Conference Ctr, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA
- 11/3,4 Connecticut Chiropractic Association 12 hour soft tissue seminar.
- 12/ 1,2: Taiwan Chiropractic Association: 12 hour soft tissue, Taipei University, Taiwan.
- 1/19,20 12 hour soft tissue seminar: Solihul, Eng.
- 2/16-17 12 hour soft tissue seminar: Calgary
- 2/23-24 12 hour soft tissue seminar, Singapore
- 4/5 Palmer West 8 hrs. San Jose, CA
- 4/26,27 12 hour soft tissue seminar: Toronto Canada
- 8/14-16 4 hours on Graston Technique®, SCU Extravaganza, Long Beach CA
- 9/26-28 12 hours soft tissue seminar, Illinois Chiropractic Association
- 10/9-12 15 hour soft tissue seminar, Georgia Chiropractic Association.
- 10/31 - 11/2 8 hours: Indiana Chiropractic Association
- 11/15,16 12 hour soft tissue seminar, Vancouver, Canada
- February 7-8
Graston Technique® 14 hours Module 2, Orlando, Florida
- February 28-29
Graston Technique® 14 hours Module 2, Las Vegas, Nevada
- March 22, 2009
Palmer College, Davenport, IA
Click here for more info on this seminar (PDF)
- April 3-5, 2009
Keynote speaker Joint Anglo European College of Chiropractic/British Chiropractic Association Spring Conference.
- April 25-26, 2009
12 hour Module IIIRehabilitationprogram at Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College.
- May 30-31, 2009
FAKTR-PM seminar, Miami-Dade County Chiropractic Society
- July 7
NYCC 2009 Homecoming 2 hour presentation on Soft Tissue Diagnosis & Treatment, the Missing Link in Chiropractic Practice.
- October 10-11
Graston Technique® Module II, Orlando, Florida
- October 17-18New York Chiropractic College (Long Island, NY) Soft Tissue: The Missing link in Chiropractic.
- October 27-29
Speaker at 2nd Fascial Conference, Amsterdam
- November 21-22
FAKTR-PM Seminar, Dallas, Texas
- December 5-6
12 hours: Soft Tissue, The Missing Link in Chiropractic
Plaza Resort & Spa, Daytona Beach, Flordia
Contact: Stephen Stellfox - email@example.comJanurary 30 - 31
13 hour module II, Graston Technique, Orlando, Florida
- ·June 11 to June 19: attended Fascial Manipulation Seminar at Stecco Medical Ctr., Thiene, Italy.
- June 26-27: Graston Technique Module 2, 13 hours, Charlotte, NC
- ·August 14 - 15
12 hour "Soft Tissue The Missing Link in Chiropractic
NYCC Postgraduate & Continuing Education
70 Division Avenue
Levittown, NY 11756
- September 20-25:
Atended Fascial Manipulation Seminar at Stecco Medical Ctr., Thiene, Italy.
- October 16, 17:FAKTR, Seattle
- January 29-30: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part A, Las Vegas
- February 12-13: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part A, Newark
- March 5-6: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part B, Newark
- March 12-13: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part B, Las Vegas
- March 19-20: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part A, Newark
- March 26,27: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part A, Las Vegas
- April 2-3: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part B, Newark
- April 16-17: Fascial Manipulation Workshop Part B, Las Vegas
- April 4-7: 2011 Chiropractic Sports Symposium, Boston, MA firstname.lastname@example.org
- June 9-12: NUHS 2011 Homecoming, Fascial Manipulation
- August 13-14: NCPA 2011 Fall Convention, Kearney, Nebraska, Soft Tissue Methods: The Missing Link in Chiropractic, 12 hours
- August 27-28: Oklahoma State Convention, Tulsa: 10 hours, Soft Tissue The Misssing Link in Chiropractic
- September 3-4: International Myofascial Pain Conference, Manchester, England www.fascialconference.com
- September 17-18: FAKTR 13 hours, Toronto with Greg Doer DC
- October 1-2: University of Pittsburgh, Soft Tissue Methods: (http://www.pittmarquettechallenge.com/uploads/Symposium on Myofascial and Soft Tissue Pain Oct 2011.pdf
March 16-18, 2012
NYS Chiropractic Association Fall convention: possible presentation
the Winter Convention which is in CT at Mohegan Sun.
Jan 19-21 Las Vegas-Graston Technique
Feb. 25: Soft Tissue in Chiropractic: Univ. South Dakota Medical Ctr. Sioux Falls, SD
March 3: Chiro Sports, Ohio
March/26-4/1 Fascial Conference Vancouver
Fascial Manipulation (FM) Dates:
Feb 17-19 Las Vegas (LV) Part 1 A
March 9-11 LV Part 1 B
April 13-15 NewarK Part 1A
May 4-6 Newark Part 1B
June 29-July 1 LV Part 2A
July 13-15 Newark Part 2A
Nov. 10-11 Newark Part 2B
Nv. 30-Dec. 2 LV Part 2B
May 12,13 Las Vegas: Soft Tissue, The Missing Link
Sept 29,30 Newark: Soft Tissue, The Missing Link
2013 to 2015: Natonal and international lecturer on Fascial Manipulation
2013 Certified as Fascial Manipulation Instructor in Vicenza, Italy.
2015: English editor for Functional Atlas of the Human Fascial System, by Carla Stecco, MD,
(professor of anatomy and orthopedic surgeon), Published by Elsevier.